The project was launch on June, 1st 2011.
The ANR/Ifremer convention was signed on July, 25th 2011.
The Consortium Agreement was finalized in March 2012.
Ifremer prepared the transfer conventions towards the partners.
Ifremer received from ANR the first six financial advances regarding Investment and Functioning and made the corresponding transfers to partners.
- 1st Steering Committee - September 22nd 2012
- 2nd Steering Committee and 1st Management board meetings - January 4th 2012
- 3rd Steering Committee meeting - March 22nd 2012
- 4th Steering Committee meeting - June 22nd 2012
- 2nd Management board meeting - June 26th 2012
- 5th Steering committee meeting - October 18th 2012
- 6th Steering committee meeting - January 26th 2013
- 3rd Management board meeting – March 14th 2013
- 7th Steering Committee meeting - May 31st 2013
- 8th Steering Committee meeting - October 11th 2013
- 4th Management board meeting - October 17th 2013
- 9th Steering Committee meeting - December 17th 2013
- 10th Steering Committee meeting - April 3rd 2014
- 5th Management board meeting - April 8th 2014
- 11th Steering Committee meeting - June 17th 2014
- 12th Steering Committee meeting - October 7th 2014
- 13th Steering Committee meeting - February 3rd 2015
- 6th Management board meeting - February 10th 2015
- 14th Steering Committee meeting - September 22nd 2015
- 15th Steering Committee meeting - November 23rd 2015
- 16th Steering Committee meeting - March 10th 2016
- 17th Steering Committee meeting - September 22nd, 2016
- 18th NAOS Steering Committee meeting - February 27th, 2017
- 8th NAOS Management Board meeting - March 3rd, 2017
- 19ème Steering Committee meeting - June 22nd 2017
- 20th Steering Committee meeting - December 11th 2017
- 21st Steering Committee meeting - March 26th 2018
- 9th Management board meeting - March 27th 2018
- 22nd Steering Committee meeting - September 14th 2018
Presentations of Annual Meetings are downloadable by clicking on the links below:
The first annual report regarding the period June 2011/February 2012 and the expenses statements were sent to ANR in the beginning of March 2012.
The 1st annual meeting was held on June 21st and 22nd 2012 at Ifremer Brest.
The 2nd annual report and the expenses statements (2012) were sent to ANR end of March 2013.
The 2nd annual meeting was held on May 30th and 31st 2013 at LOV in Villefranche-sur-Mer.
The 3ème annual report and the expenses statements (2013) were sent to ANR end of March 2014.
The 3rd annual meeting was held on June 16th and 17th 2014 at Ifremer Brest.
The 4th annual report and the expenses statements (2013) were sent to ANR end of March 2015.
The 4th annual meeting was held on September 21st and 22nd 2015 at Ifremer Brest.
The 5th annual report and the expenses statements (2013) were sent to ANR end of March 2016.
The 5th annual meeting was held on September 21st and 22nd 2016 in Villefranche-sur-Mer.
The 6th annual report is replaced by a progress report covering activities since the beginning of the project. This progress report and the financial statement has been submitted to ANR via their portal on 10 April 2017.
The 6th annual meeting was held on June 21nd 2017 in Ifremer Brest.
A mid-term audition took place in front of an international jury on June 27th in Paris.
A report regarding end of Tranche 1 and the expenses statements (30/06/2017) were sent to ANR on September 5th 2017.
The meeting regarding end of Tranche 1 has been held on September 14th at Ifremer Brest center.
The 7th annual meeting was held on September 13th and 14th 2018 in Paris.
WP0 : scientific, technical and administrative project coordination, interfaces with the French Research Agency (ANR) and communication actions (6 Newsletters, posters, articles, website). reporting on human resources mobilized for the project (monthly reports/WP2 and quarterly).
WP1, WP2, WP3, WP4 and WP5 :
- Progress and achievements Tranche 1: The development of different prototypes of French Argo floats have been completed. All tests at sea have been successfully carried out. These R&D results have been transferred to our industrial partner (NKE) through license agreements. All industrial series of present and new generation Argo profiling floats have been ordered and the delivery has been validated. Tranche 1 activities are now completed.
- Progress and achievements Tranche 2: The scientific experiments are working very well. French contribution to Argo mission has been significantly improved thanks to the deployment of more than 100 NAOS standard Argo profiling floats. Real time and delayed mode processing of NAOS floats is running well and all data are made available to the scientific community. The scientific experiment with biogeochemical floats in the Mediterranean Sea started in 2012. Unique observations have been collected thanks to an excellent data return. Outstanding results have been obtained and new findings on biogeochemical cycles in the Mediterranean Sea have been revealed. Experiments in the Arctic (floats with biogeochemical sensors) and in the North Atlantic (deep floats with oxygen sensors) started in 2015 and are already showing promising results.
Status of NAOS fleet: